Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by Ron DeSantis (R): “Donald Trump himself wrote a book where he was talking about the need to increase the age of eligibility for Social Security to 70.”
PolitiFact rating: Mostly True (In a book he co-wrote in 2000, Donald Trump warned that the Social Security trust fund would run out in decades. Trump called for solutions, which included raising the retirement age to 70. In March in a speech, Trump mocked the idea of raising the minimum age of Social Security.)
Trump suggested raising Social Security retirement age in 2000, but hasn’t backed it since
|Claim by Media Research Center (MRC): “We have been cooling down for the past 4000 years”; the Earth has cooled since the ‘medieval warming’, “It’s all about when you start the measurements”
Climate Feedback rating: Inaccurate (Earth’s surface has not been cooling in recent times – both global average and Greenland temperatures have rapidly increased since the beginning of the industrial era. The most recent temperature datapoint that the claim references corresponds to 1855, which is misleading since warming caused by humans occurred mostly after this time.)
Temperatures on Earth are increasing and the rise is drastically outpacing previous natural changes in the planet’s climate
|Claim by Viral image: Video shows Fox News host Sean Hannity saying an impostor is pretending to be President Joe Biden.
PolitiFact rating: False (He did not say this.)
This Instagram post twists Sean Hannity’s words. He didn’t say Biden had been replaced.
|FALSE||Claim by American Web Media: New York Gov. Hochul approved a memo denying medical care to white people
USA Today rating: False (The state health department said no one is being denied treatment on the basis of race, and the memo in question is several years old and didn’t come from Hochul.)
False claim NY governor denied white people COVID-19 aid | Fact check
|Claim via Social Media: Fact Check: Did CNN decide no longer to allow audiences for Town Halls after Trump’s visit?
Newsweek rating: False (The network said it had not announced the removal of audiences from future town halls.)
Fact Check: Did CNN Say It Banned Town Hall Audiences After Trump Visit?
|FALSE||(International: Australia): Every piece of legislation going through federal parliament would have to be approved by the voice to parliament.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (The voice would only be able to make representations on issues relating to Indigenous Australians.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/08/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 8, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bioscience Resource Projectby Media Bias Fact Check on June 8, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson kicks off new show on Twitterby newsfactsnetwork on June 8, 2023 at 1:18 am
- Secret Service agents have testified in Trump classified documents probeby newsfactsnetwork on June 8, 2023 at 1:18 am
- U.S. Senate Leader Schedules Classified AI Briefingsby newsfactsnetwork on June 7, 2023 at 4:19 pm
- Conservatives block bills to protect gas stove amid feud over McCarthy debt dealby newsfactsnetwork on June 7, 2023 at 4:18 pm
- North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum launches long-shot 2024 GOP bidby newsfactsnetwork on June 7, 2023 at 10:16 am
- Media News: Chris Licht out at CNN after tumultuous run as CEOby Media Bias Fact Check on June 7, 2023 at 10:05 am
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2023"