Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim via Social Media: Missouri’s attorney general has a website “where people can report trans individuals and the people who help them.”
Politifact rating: Mostly True (On March 23, Missouri’s attorney general launched a webpage for people to submit a “complaint or concern about gender transition intervention” they have experienced or observed in the state. The attorney general issued an emergency rule April 13 restricting access to gender-affirming care. Critics are concerned the new tip line could be used to report identifying information about trans people and their health care providers to the state.)
Yes, Missouri’s attorney general has a website for reporting concerns about trans health care
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: A bill passed by the Washington State Legislature allows the “government to take minor children away” from their parents if “they refuse to agree to gender transition surgery”?
Lead Stories rating: False (The legislation has no provision for removing children from their parents if they don’t agree to gender affirmation surgery. The statute deals specifically with children who have run away from home.)
Fact Check: Washington State Bill Does NOT Allow ‘Government To Take Minor Children Away From Parents If They Refuse To Agree To Gender Transition Surgery’
|Claim via Social Media: “Sperm is replaced completely by spike protein in ‘vaccinated'”
AFP Fact Check rating: False (No evidence)
|FALSE||(International: Philippines): Former President Marcos’ last will and testament left a 50-year time deposit that contained trillions of dollars’ worth of gold.
Rappler rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/08/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 8, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bioscience Resource Projectby Media Bias Fact Check on June 8, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Former Fox News host Tucker Carlson kicks off new show on Twitterby newsfactsnetwork on June 8, 2023 at 1:18 am
- Secret Service agents have testified in Trump classified documents probeby newsfactsnetwork on June 8, 2023 at 1:18 am
- U.S. Senate Leader Schedules Classified AI Briefingsby newsfactsnetwork on June 7, 2023 at 4:19 pm
- Conservatives block bills to protect gas stove amid feud over McCarthy debt dealby newsfactsnetwork on June 7, 2023 at 4:18 pm
- North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum launches long-shot 2024 GOP bidby newsfactsnetwork on June 7, 2023 at 10:16 am
- Media News: Chris Licht out at CNN after tumultuous run as CEOby Media Bias Fact Check on June 7, 2023 at 10:05 am
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 04/22/2023 (Weekend Edition)"