Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|UNPROVEN||Claim by Benny Johnson (R): Did Joe Biden meet with Hunter’s associates more than 80 times?
Newsweek rating: Unverified (Benny Johnson’s tweet appears to have been based on a Fox News story which mentions more than 80 interactions that former business associates of Hunter Biden were alleged to have made with the White House. Unlike Johnson’s tweet, the article only mentions a small number of interactions between Biden himself and these people and the nature of those interactions is not spelled out.)
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: In April 2023, real photos were taken at the NRA convention that showed children handling guns.
Snopes rating: True
|Claim via Social Media: “Congress has officially banned TikTok.”
PolitiFact rating: False (TikTok hasn’t been banned in the U.S.)
|Claim by RT News and conservative social media: Joe Biden Ignores British Prime Minister Upon Arrival In Belfast
The Dispatch rating: False (Altered video. He greeted Prime Minister Rishi Sunak before turning to others.)
|Claim by Ron Desantis (R): Florida has “the second lowest tax burden per capita in the United States.”
Politifact rating: Mostly True (Florida has a low tax burden compared with other U.S. states. Florida is also among the country’s most unequal states, meaning low income people pay a much higher share of their income in taxes than their wealthier counterparts.)
|FALSE||(International: India): Indian Oil has issued a circular warning people against filling their vehicles’ fuel tanks to the maximum limit.
The Quint rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Investigation into Potential Insider Trading Ahead of Hamas Attack on Israelby newsfactsnetwork on December 5, 2023 at 11:03 am
- Liz Cheney Mulls Third-Party Presidential Bid Amid Concerns Over Trump’s Influenceby newsfactsnetwork on December 5, 2023 at 8:28 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 12/05/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on December 5, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Political Flareby Media Bias Fact Check on December 5, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Woman Arrested for Abortion Sees Charges Dismissedby newsfactsnetwork on December 5, 2023 at 1:17 am
- Sanders Criticizes “Extremist Netanyahu Government” in Senate Speechby newsfactsnetwork on December 4, 2023 at 8:16 pm
- Texas Attorney General Sues Pfizer Over COVID-19 Vaccine Claimsby newsfactsnetwork on December 4, 2023 at 7:16 pm
- Liz Cheney Warns Against GOP’s Constitutional Departure, Targets House Speaker Mike Johnsonby newsfactsnetwork on December 4, 2023 at 12:30 pm