Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by Donald Trump (R): Gov. Ron DeSantis sealed “all beaches” in Florida.
Politifact rating: Mostly False (Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issued an executive order on March 17, 2020, directing Floridians to “limit their gatherings” at beaches and to “support beach closures at the discretion of local authorities.” But the governor didn’t issue a statewide mandate closing “all beaches,” as former President Donald Trump claimed.)
|Claim via Viral Image: An image on social media shows Wikileaks founder Julian Assange pale and disheveled as he awaits extradition from Britain to the United States.
Lead Stories rating: False (AI-Generated Deepfake)
|Claim by Joe Biden (D): In the U.S., “you’re not allowed to own a machine gun.”
PolitiFact rating: Mostly False (Fifteen states have laws that generally prohibit the possession, manufacture or sale of all machine guns.)
|FALSE||Claim by Clayton Morris: The Federal Reserve begins the rollout of their new central bank digital U.S. dollar.
Lead Stories rating: False (Clayton Morris frequently promotes disinformation. FedNow is just an instant payment system and will not change the currency infrastructure in the United States.)
|Claim via Social Media: Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., “is now worth $29 million dollars.”
Politifact rating: Pants on Fire (Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y.’s latest financial disclosure report, filed in September 2022, lists assets amounting to $4,004 to $60,000 and liabilities amounting to $15,001 to $50,000.)
|UNPROVEN||(International: Australia): Claim by Environment minister Tanya Plibersek: There will be more plastic in the oceans than fish by 2050.
Australian Associated Press rating: Unproven (The claim is based on several assumptions and an apparent underestimate of fish stocks.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Alex Jones’ Social Media Account Reinstated Following Public Poll by Platform Owner Elon Muskby newsfactsnetwork on December 10, 2023 at 7:12 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 12/10/2023 (Weekend Edition)by Media Bias Fact Check on December 10, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Gothamistby Media Bias Fact Check on December 10, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Israeli forces push into southern Gazaby newsfactsnetwork on December 10, 2023 at 1:16 am
- Federal judge prohibits separating migrant families at the U.S. border for 8 yearsby newsfactsnetwork on December 9, 2023 at 9:17 pm
- Elon Musk Considers Reinstating Alex Jones on X, Runs Poll for User Opinionby newsfactsnetwork on December 9, 2023 at 2:06 pm
- U.S. Approves $106 Million Emergency Tank Ammunition Sale to Israelby newsfactsnetwork on December 9, 2023 at 1:37 pm
- ACLU to Represent NRA in Supreme Court Free-Speech Caseby newsfactsnetwork on December 9, 2023 at 1:16 pm