Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: “No one got (a) dime” from the $70 million raised for the Florida Disaster Fund.
Politifact rating: False (The Volunteer Florida Foundation, which administers the fund, said that $22 million out of the $61 million raised has been distributed as of March 16. The organizations that received grants provided services like home repair and food distribution, among others.)
Months after Hurricane Ian, what happened to the Florida Disaster Fund?
|Claim via Social media: AOC and Bill Gates both said a cow produces ‘more pollution’ than a car.
USA Today rating: False (neither have said this or anything like it.)
Fact check: False claim Bill Gates and AOC said a cow produces ‘more pollution’ than a car
|MISLEADING||Claim by Donald Trump (R): Speaking of DeSantis, Trump said, “it’s never good to try and destroy Social Security, it’s never good to raise the minimum age to a very high level.”
PolitiFact rating: Misleading (In 2013 as a U.S. House representative, DeSantis joined 103 Republicans on a failed resolution to raise the age to qualify for Medicare and Social Security to 70. In 2023 and ahead of a possible presidential bid, DeSantis walked back that stance, telling Fox News in early March that he would not “mess with” entitlement programs like Social Security and Medicare.)
Fact-checking Trump’s false and misleading claims in Waco, Texas, rally
|Claim via Social Media: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recorded more than 16,000 people who have died within a few days of taking the COVID-19 vaccine.
Lead Stories rating: False (Only nine deaths of some 18,500 preliminary reports of death have been causally associated with vaccination for coronavirus.)
Fact Check: CDC Reports Do NOT Show More Than 16,000 People Have Died Within Days Of COVID Vaccination
|Claim by Viral Image: Photo shows Magic Johnson donating blood “to help underprivileged communities help fight COVID-19.”
Politifact rating: False (This photo was taken in 2012, before the COVID-19 pandemic, and doesn’t show Magic Johnson donating blood.)
|FALSE||(International: Australia): Claim by Clive Palmer: Early treatment with hydroxychloroquine would have prevented many COVID deaths.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (Multiply high-quality human trials and studies have found the drug is not effective against the COVID virus.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Senate averts default, sends debt bill to Biden’s deskby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 7:38 am
- Louisiana ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill for public school classrooms advances in the legislatureby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 7:31 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/02/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 2, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: News Houndsby Media Bias Fact Check on June 2, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Teen birthrates hit another record low as progress starts to slowby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 3:26 am
- Taiwan, U.S. to sign first deal under new trade frameworkby newsfactsnetwork on June 1, 2023 at 1:58 pm
- Debt ceiling bill passes in the House, advances to the Senate days ahead of default deadlineby newsfactsnetwork on June 1, 2023 at 7:24 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/01/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 1, 2023 at 6:00 am
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 03/28/2023"