Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Rep. Elise Stefanik (R): 53% of Americans made aware of the Hunter Biden laptop story would have changed their vote in 2020.
PolitiFact rating: False (The poll question was limited to a subset of people who were following the laptop story, or 37% of the total sample. This subset leaned Republican, compared with the U.S. general population. 53% of the subset represents only 19.6% of Americans.)
|Claim via Social Media: charlie the dog tested positive for vinyl chloride exposure and 2 other chemicals following the east palestine ohio rail derailment.
Lead Stories rating: False (No Such Test)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: “Don’t forget Pfizer just admitted to using gain of function to create bio weapons.”
FactCheck.org rating: False (Scientists say the experiments Pfizer has performed on the coronavirus are standard for the industry. Baseless claims that the company is mutating the virus for profit, however, have been circulating since the release of a popular undercover video from the conservative activist group Project Veritas.)
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: In February 2023, U.S. Rep. Barry Moore, a Republican from Alabama, introduced a bill that would make the AR-15 assault rifle the “national gun of the United States.”
Snopes.com rating: True (As of this writing, two of Moore’s colleagues — Reps. Lauren Boebert and George Santos — are co-sponsoring the proposal, which has not been discussed or voted on, even at the committee level. Even if the legislation were to pass the House, it would not likely pass the Democratic-led Senate, or be signed by U.S. President Joe Biden, also a Democrat.)
|FALSE||Claim by Dr. George Delgado of the Lozier Institute: “Progesterone can be used for abortion reversal after taking mifepristone”
Health Feedback rating: Unsupported (This anti-abortion doctor frequently makes false claims to advance his agenda. There is no evidence to support his claim.)
|FALSE||(International: Australia): For most of human history we have exclusively eaten meat.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (A wide range of evidence shows our ancestors have never solely eaten meat.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Mother and Son Sentenced to House Arrest for Role in Capitol Riotby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 1:27 pm
- Estonia Considers Closing Border with Russia Amid Migrant Surgeby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 11:03 am
- Defying Pope’s calls for climate action, US Catholic bishops cling to fossil fuelsby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 7:19 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 11/30/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bangkok Postby Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Elon Musk Clarifies Israel Visit Purpose, Addresses Controversial Post and Advertiser Backlashby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 9:17 pm
- Students Walk Out at Florida High School Over Staff Reassignment Due to Transgender Athlete Policyby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 1:29 pm
- U.S. Life Expectancy Rises in 2022, Recovering from Pandemic Impactby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 10:34 am