Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Rick Scott (R): Same-day voter registration “does not allow election officials to verify the validity and accuracy of voter information.”
PolitiFact rating: False (Twenty-two states and Washington, D.C., allow residents to register to vote and cast a ballot on Election Day. Some of these state policies stretch back to the 1970s. Election officials take multiple steps to verify applications, including reviewing identity and residency documentation.)
|Claim via Social Media: KitchenAid mixer attachments are being recalled because of lead.
VERIFYThis.com rating: False (There is no recall on KitchenAid products, Whirlpool confirmed.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: “BREAKING GOP approves resolution to expel Omar from Congress! It’s over for her!”
PolitiFact rating: False (The Alabama Republican Party State Executive Committee passed a resolution in 2019 urging its representatives in the U.S. House to expel U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., from Congress. Nothing happened.)
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: As of January 2023, OpenAI’s ChatGPT technology declined to write a poem admiring Donald Trump, but successfully drafted one for Joe Biden.
Snopes.com rating: True
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: “The World Health Organization has been working since 1974 on vaccines to create permanent sterility.”
PolitiFact rating: False (Contraception)
|FALSE||(International: Australia): The US government has admitted 5G radiation causes COVID-19.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (The studies cited as evidence do not claim to have found a link between 5G and COVID.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- House Censures Rep. Jamaal Bowman for Pulling Fire Alarm During Sessionby newsfactsnetwork on December 7, 2023 at 11:17 am
- Biden Administration to Enforce Patent Seizure on Overpriced Government-Funded Medicinesby newsfactsnetwork on December 7, 2023 at 9:40 am
- Trump Campaign Worker Allegedly Encouraged Riot to Disrupt 2020 Michigan Vote Countby newsfactsnetwork on December 7, 2023 at 7:16 am
- Fact Checking the Fourth GOP Primary Debateby Media Bias Fact Check on December 7, 2023 at 7:15 am
- Rudy Giuliani skips hearing in election worker defamation case, drawing judge’s ireby newsfactsnetwork on December 7, 2023 at 6:16 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 12/07/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on December 7, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kingston This Weekby Media Bias Fact Check on December 7, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Pelosi Urges Trump Voters to Reflect on Democracy in Next Electionby newsfactsnetwork on December 7, 2023 at 3:16 am