Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Sudden arrhythmic death syndrome and “stroke season” didn’t exist before the COVID-19 pandemic.
Politifact rating: False (Sudden arrhythmic death syndrome and seasonal stroke risk concerns have been reported and studied for decades. They long predate the COVID-19 pandemic.)
|Claim via Social Media: Andrew Tate Found Guilty And Sentenced To 14 Years In Prison…
Lead Stories rating: False (The internet influencer remained in detention as of January 26, 2023, but had not been tried, convicted or sentenced.)
|Claim by Donald Trump (R): Donald Trump claims the Penn Biden Center is “China-funded”
Newsweek rating: Unverified (The Center is paid for by the university, of which funding from donors makes a fraction of total contributions, and donations from China are an even smaller fraction of that. Currently, there is no public evidence that the Penn Biden Center is directly funded by donations from China to the University of Pennsylvania.)
|Claim by Glenn Youngkin (R): Virginia tax receipts “in just the last four years alone have grown 50%.”
Politifact rating: Mostly True (Virginia’s general fund tax receipts grew 45.2 % over the last four fiscal years, slightly lower than the 50% growth Gov. Glenn Youngkin has claimed.)
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: Republicans overturned a ban on smoking in the U.S. House of Representatives in January 2023.
Snopes.com rating: True (Under former Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s leadership, the House did ban smoking in most areas of the Capitol in 2007. That ban’s removal in 2023 did not change any policy regarding smoking in a House member’s own office, as some press reports implied. There has never been a ban on smoking in a Representative’s own office.)
|FALSE||(International: Germany): The German government claims that investigating COVID vaccines would be ‘dangerous for democracy.
Lead Stories rating: False (The German government did not say this.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Sentencing Projectby Media Bias Fact Check on September 24, 2023 at 4:00 am
- US and Vietnam Discuss Potential Arms Deal Amid Regional Tensionsby newsfactsnetwork on September 23, 2023 at 2:52 pm
- MBFC’s Weekly Media Literacy Quiz Covering the Week of Sep 17th – Sep 23rdby Media Bias Fact Check on September 23, 2023 at 7:30 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/23/2023 (Weekend Edition)by Media Bias Fact Check on September 23, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Defend Democracy Pressby Media Bias Fact Check on September 23, 2023 at 4:00 am
- House Dem: Bob Menendez should resign
- Biden to walk picket line with UAW
- Border apprehensions up nearly 27 percent from July to August