Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: House Republicans introduced FairTax Act, a sales tax bill to abolish IRS.
VERIFYThis.com rating: True (The bill would repeal most federal taxes, replace it with sales tax.)
|Claim by newspunch.com: Klaus Schwab has banned vaccinated pilots from transporting World Economic Forum members in and out of Davos
Lead Stories rating: False (Made up clickbait)
|FALSE||Claim by Ron DeSantis (R): “Almost every study now has said with these new boosters, you’re more likely to get infected with the bivalent booster.”
Politifact rating: False (The unpublished study of health workers found that there could be an association between the number of prior vaccine doses and an increased risk of contracting COVID-19. It did not suggest the bivalent shot could increase the likelihood of infection. Experts said DeSantis’ conclusion could not be drawn from that study, adding that the research focused on health care employees, who are likelier to be exposed to COVID-19 and more likely to be vaccinated. It should not be applied to the general public.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social media: It’s more likely oceans are causing global warming than CO2.
USA Today rating: False (No, greenhouse gases such as CO2 and methane cause global warming.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: The Federal Aviation Administration widened its electrocardiogram parameters for pilots because “a substantial number of airline pilots have had serious heart damage” from COVID-19 vaccines.
Politifact rating: False (The Federal Aviation Administration updated its Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners in October after “new scientific evidence” enabled it to “safely raise the tolerance used to screen for a certain heart condition,” the agency said. The administration “has no evidence of aircraft accidents or incapacitations caused by pilots suffering medical complications associated with COVID-19 vaccines.”)
|FALSE||(International: Philippines): Philippine Airlines (PAL) canceled a 777 flight to Canada as a result of Bongbong Marcos’ trip to Switzerland
VERA Files rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Suspected Chinese spy balloon flying above U.S. shot down off Carolina coastby newsfactsnetwork on February 4, 2023 at 3:07 pm
- US considering plan to down Chinese balloon over Atlanticby newsfactsnetwork on February 4, 2023 at 3:01 pm
- Pakistan Blocks Wikipedia Over ‘Blasphemous Content’by newsfactsnetwork on February 4, 2023 at 9:52 am
- Concrete traps carbon dioxide soaked from air in climate-friendly testby newsfactsnetwork on February 4, 2023 at 7:21 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 02/04/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on February 4, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: News Literacy Projectby Media Bias Fact Check on February 4, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Another Chinese ‘surveillance balloon’ is flying over Latin America, Pentagon saysby newsfactsnetwork on February 3, 2023 at 8:39 pm
- Blinken postpones China trip following balloon discoveryby newsfactsnetwork on February 3, 2023 at 3:41 pm