Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: House Republicans introduced FairTax Act, a sales tax bill to abolish IRS.
VERIFYThis.com rating: True (The bill would repeal most federal taxes, replace it with sales tax.)
|Claim by newspunch.com: Klaus Schwab has banned vaccinated pilots from transporting World Economic Forum members in and out of Davos
Lead Stories rating: False (Made up clickbait)
|FALSE||Claim by Ron DeSantis (R): “Almost every study now has said with these new boosters, you’re more likely to get infected with the bivalent booster.”
Politifact rating: False (The unpublished study of health workers found that there could be an association between the number of prior vaccine doses and an increased risk of contracting COVID-19. It did not suggest the bivalent shot could increase the likelihood of infection. Experts said DeSantis’ conclusion could not be drawn from that study, adding that the research focused on health care employees, who are likelier to be exposed to COVID-19 and more likely to be vaccinated. It should not be applied to the general public.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social media: It’s more likely oceans are causing global warming than CO2.
USA Today rating: False (No, greenhouse gases such as CO2 and methane cause global warming.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: The Federal Aviation Administration widened its electrocardiogram parameters for pilots because “a substantial number of airline pilots have had serious heart damage” from COVID-19 vaccines.
Politifact rating: False (The Federal Aviation Administration updated its Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners in October after “new scientific evidence” enabled it to “safely raise the tolerance used to screen for a certain heart condition,” the agency said. The administration “has no evidence of aircraft accidents or incapacitations caused by pilots suffering medical complications associated with COVID-19 vaccines.”)
|FALSE||(International: Philippines): Philippine Airlines (PAL) canceled a 777 flight to Canada as a result of Bongbong Marcos’ trip to Switzerland
VERA Files rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- U.S. Warship and Commercial Vessels Attacked in Red Sea Amid Israel-Hamas Conflictby newsfactsnetwork on December 3, 2023 at 1:26 pm
- Muslim Leaders Withdraw Support for Biden Over Gaza Ceasefire Stanceby newsfactsnetwork on December 3, 2023 at 8:47 am
- Trump, Who Sought to Undermine Democracy, Labels Biden as ‘Destroyer of American Democracy’by newsfactsnetwork on December 3, 2023 at 7:32 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 12/03/2023 (Weekend Edition)by Media Bias Fact Check on December 3, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Asheville Citizen-Timesby Media Bias Fact Check on December 3, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Ukraine blocks ex-president from leaving country amid alleged plan to meet pro-Putin Hungary’s Orbanby newsfactsnetwork on December 2, 2023 at 11:16 pm
- Walmart says it is not advertising on social platform Xby newsfactsnetwork on December 2, 2023 at 10:16 pm
- Biden Administration Announces Rule to Cut Millions of Tons of Methane Emissionsby newsfactsnetwork on December 2, 2023 at 3:18 pm