Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page ad-free
See all MBFC content Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by James Lankford (R): “The vast majority of individuals that we’re releasing out (border) are not showing up for hearings.”
Politifact rating: False (Data from the Justice Department show that in fiscal year 2021 and during the first quarter of 2022, most immigrants attended their hearings. This trend is also supported by historical data.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Bibles are not allowed in schools but are encouraged in prisons.
USA Today rating: False (Bibles are allowed in schools and are not encouraged in Prison.)
|Claim by Nancy Pelosi (D): “When unemployment goes down, inflation goes up.”
PolitiFact rating: Mostly False (There is still an element of truth to this outdated theory, economists say, but several decades of real-world experience has shown that the relationship between unemployment and inflation is not all that precise. Unemployment has been very low at times recently without corresponding spikes in inflation.)
|TRUE||Claim by Carla Johnson/Associated Press: U.S. deaths from COVID-19 hit 1 million.
Health Feedback rating: Accurate
|Claim via Social Media: A reporter who covered the Buffalo supermarket shooting was a “crisis actor.”
PolitiFact rating: Pants on Fire (crackpots)
|(International: Australia): Scott Morrison’s salary has risen from $140,000 to $550,000 in the past decade.
Australian Associated Press rating: Mostly True (Mr. Morrison earned $140,910 until March 2012, although this had increased to $231,250 by May 2012. He now receives $549,250 as prime minister.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Trust in presidency, Congress, media at all-time lowsby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 6, 2022 at 12:39 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/06/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 6, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Die Presseby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 6, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/05/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 5, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The National Heraldby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 5, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/04/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 4, 2022 at 10:15 am