Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Donald Trump Jr.: “Washington passes bill allowing the state to TAKE CHILDREN AWAY FROM PARENTS that do not consent to their child’s gender transition surgeries.”
FactCheck.org rating: False (No. Under the bill, licensed youth shelters no longer have to report the location of a runaway child to the child’s parents if the child is seeking gender-affirming or reproductive care. Instead, the shelters must notify the state’s child services department.)
|Claim via Social Media: purports CNN published a tweet stating Volodymyr Zelenskyy plans on using mass immigration to fix Ukraine’s demographic issues.
Check Your Fact rating: False (Fake)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: A Minnesota lawmaker introduced a bill that would make it “illegal to discriminate against child rapists.”
Politifact rating: False (The bill updates the definition of “sexual orientation” in Minnesota’s Human Rights Act. But this does not create a protected class for pedophilia. An amendment was added to specify that child sex offenders are not protected under the state’s Human Rights Act.)
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: A California bill would ban chemicals in Skittles, other foods.
KTVB rating: True (A California bill would ban chemicals in Skittles and other foods.)
|Claim via Social media: Photos show passport issued in Kenya to President Obama.
USA Today rating: False (The passport shown in this post belongs to Barack Obama Sr., the former president’s father. President Obama was born in Hawaii.)
|FALSE||(International: Australia): The government has chosen not to provide brochures outlining the ‘yes’ and ‘no’ cases ahead of the voice to parliament referendum.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (A pamphlet will be sent to every household where a voter is enrolled at least two weeks before the referendum.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- In Reversal Trump Declines to Testify in Fraud Trial, Citing Previous Testimony as Sufficientby newsfactsnetwork on December 10, 2023 at 4:25 pm
- Trump to Testify Again in New York Fraud Trial as Defense Nears Conclusionby newsfactsnetwork on December 10, 2023 at 8:16 am
- Alex Jones’ Social Media Account Reinstated Following Public Poll by Platform Owner Elon Muskby newsfactsnetwork on December 10, 2023 at 7:12 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 12/10/2023 (Weekend Edition)by Media Bias Fact Check on December 10, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Gothamistby Media Bias Fact Check on December 10, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Israeli forces push into southern Gazaby newsfactsnetwork on December 10, 2023 at 1:16 am
- Federal judge prohibits separating migrant families at the U.S. border for 8 yearsby newsfactsnetwork on December 9, 2023 at 9:17 pm
- Elon Musk Considers Reinstating Alex Jones on X, Runs Poll for User Opinionby newsfactsnetwork on December 9, 2023 at 2:06 pm