Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
|FALSE||Claim by Social media posts: Kenosha “Police were told to stand down as businesses were destroyed.”
FactCheck.org rating: False (no evidence and police were present)
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: Ghislaine Maxwell was at Chelsea Clinton’s Wedding.
The Dispatch rating: True (See Photo in fact check)
|Claim by viral image: Image shows Donald Trump’s new Christmas card.
Politifact rating: Pants on Fire (photoshopped to mock him)
|Claim by Donald Trump (R): Media Approval Ratings Fell Below Congress’ As Trump Ran For President
Newsweek rating: False (not even close)
|FALSE||Claim by Gateway Pundit: Because of omicron, “the Biden administration has decided to leave the U.S. southern border completely open.”
PolitiFact rating: False (The border is not completely open)
|FALSE||(International: United Kingdom): Photos of Boris Johnson receiving his Covid-19 booster vaccine do not show him being vaccinated.
Full Fact rating: False (Mr Johnson was vaccinated, as can be seen in a video tweeted by the prime minister. A blue cap at the end of the needle is part of the injection device, not a safety cap.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am