Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
|Claim by Ben Wikler (D): Says Rebecca Kleefisch played a key role in the Foxconn deal, “the largest attempted government handout to a foreign company in American history.”
Politifact rating: Mostly True (Kleefisch was a strong proponent of the deal. She said she met with Foxconn officials during a 2015 trade mission to Taiwan, broadly discussing what Wisconsin would have to offer the company.)
|Claim via Bitchute Video: Celine Dion SEVERELY INJURED BY VAXXXINE.
Lead Stories rating: False (Didn’t happen)
|FALSE||Claim by Jim Banks (R): Says he is the ‘ranking member’ of the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.
PolitiFact rating: False (He is not on the committee)
|FALSE||Claim by thegatewaypundit.com: Wisconsin Had 89% Reported Turnout in 2020 Election
Lead Stories rating: False (73%)
|Claim via Social Media: Convalescent plasma “is made up of antibodies from people who have recovered from the virus, but the vaccine wipes out those antibodies.”
FactCheck.org rating: False (It does the opposite and boosts immunity.)
|FALSE||(International: Sweden): Sweden is abolishing cash.
Full Fact rating: False (Cashless transactions are common in Sweden, but the government has no plans to stop issuing notes and coins.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am