Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Says a demonstration with an air quality monitor shows that cloth masks are dangerous for children.
Politifact rating: False (Studies have repeatedly found that cloth masks used to fight the spread of COVID-19 do not unsafely reduce oxygen flow.)
|Claim via Social Media: Pelosi And Biden Are Being Investigated By The FBI For Election Fraud
Lead Stories rating: False (they are not)
|FALSE||Claim by Greg Abbott (R): The Texas abortion law “provides at least six weeks for a person to be able to get an abortion.”
Politifact rating: False (The new law prohibits abortion upon first fetal heartbeat-electric impulses that can occur before 6 weeks. Further, pregnancy is counted from the first day of the last period, therefore when the first period is missed they are already at 4 weeks pregnant, leaving only 2 weeks to decide.)
|FALSE||Claim by Social media: Pfizer is developing a pill that must be taken ‘alongside vaccines’
USA Today rating: False (The pill is a treatment for Covid and not related to the vaccine.)
|TRUE||Claim by Social media users: The first 23 Black members of Congress were Republicans.
Newsweek rating: True (In the 1800s and early 1900s the Republican Party was liberal with support for racial civil rights and the Democratic Party was conservative and opposed. These roles began changing after the Jim Crow era with Democrats representing more liberal racial and pro-government positions and Republicans representing conservative anti-segregation and state rights. In the 1960s after the passage of the Civil Rights Act the last remaining Southern Democrats (Dixiecrats) switched to the Republican party.)
|FALSE||(International: Philippines): The media did not report on the P70-million plunder complaint filed against Manila Mayor Isko Moreno and other city officials of Manila.
Rappler rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am