The code of principles of the International Fact-Checking Network IFCN at Poynter is a series of commitments organizations abide by to promote excellence in fact-checking. The following fact checks come from IFCN fact checkers. (D. Van Zandt)
|Claim by Donald Trump: “You could fly out of Wuhan where the primary problem was … and you could go to different parts of the world, but you couldn’t go [from Wuhan] to Beijing and you couldn’t go to any place in China.”
FactCheck.org rating: False
|Claim by Just The News: Virginia’s new method for testing for coronavirus may significantly delay the state’s reopening
USA Today Fact Check rating: No evidence
|Claim by Nancy Pelosi: Illinois “got into fiscal problems because of a Republican governor who was governor there” before Gov. J.B. Pritzker.
Politifact rating: Mostly False
|Claim via Social Media: Social media users have been sharing an image online that claims the popular music festival Woodstock, which took place in August 1969, happened in the middle of a pandemic.
Reuters Fact Check rating: True
|Claim by Warren Daniel: North Carolina’s health department is “telling hospitals that if they decide to do elective surgeries, they won’t be eligible to receive (protective equipment) from the state.”
Politifact rating: False
|(International: Philippines) Claim: Risa Hontiveros stole P1.7 billion from the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation
Vera Files rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by the IFCN. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black Main Streetby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/24/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WCAXby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/23/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 23, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Science.Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 23, 2022 at 8:00 am