These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Geopolitics Alert Left Biased based on story selection and editorial position that favor the left. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources that promote government propaganda.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 2016, Geopolitics Alert is a news website that describes themselves as an “independent and anti-intervention world news” website. According to their about page “Randi Nord and Jim Carey launched Geopolitics Alert shortly after Russia increased support for the Syrian government in 2015 and the Obama regime was expanding U.S. military involvement across the world. We knew U.S. imperialism would start growing even more rapidly than it had for the past few decades — and under Trump, that’s exactly what’s happened.”
Funded by / Ownership
Geopolitics Alert does not openly disclose ownership and revenue is derived through a Patreon Account and advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Geopolitics Alert publishes news and opinions related to USA conflicts around the world from a non-interventionist perspective. Geopolitics Alert uses occasional moderate loaded words that favor the left such as: “There’s a great deal to be said about Donald Trump’s pardon for criminal racist Joe Arpaio.” Another example is this 2019: A Disastrous Year for Trump’s Foreign Policy. For the most part Geopolitics Alert does not produce original news content but rather republishes or summarizes stories from other sources such as: Telesur, the questionable Tehran Times and Tasnim News.
Geopolitics alert is sometimes very well sourced to credible media such as Reuters, FAIR, and BBC, however as seen above they also use poor questionable sources as well, which hurts their credibility. From an editorial standpoint, most stories favor left/libertarian positions concerning use of the military, especially as it pertains to the USA.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate Geopolitics Alert Left Biased based on story selection and editorial position that favor the left. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources that promote government propaganda. (D. Van Zandt 10/8/2017) Updated (01/08/2020)
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am