These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias, but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate Skeptical Science, Pro-Science based presenting credible peer reviewed scientific evidence that supports the consensus on climate change.
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: Australia 21/180
Skeptical Science is a climate science blog and information resource created in 2007 by Australian blogger and cognitive scientist John Cook. In addition to publishing articles on current events relating to climate science and climate policy, the site maintains a large database of articles analyzing the merit of arguments commonly put forth by those involved in the global warming controversy who oppose the mainstream scientific opinion on climate change.
Funded by / Ownership
The website is owned by John Cook and is funded through donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Skeptical Science publishes news and information related to climate change/global warming through a pro-science perspective. The goal of the website is too counter human influenced climate change deniers with solid peer reviewed evidence. Articles do not contain loaded language and focus on science such as this: Ice sheet melting: it’s not just about sea level rise. They also publish scientific research for each week such as this: Skeptical Science New Research for Week #40, 2019. On the side bar of the website they feature the top 10 myths of climate change denial with links to each myth, that refutes with scientific evidence. In general, this an excellent resource for debunking climate change denialists.
Overall, we rate Skeptical Science, Pro-Science based presenting credible peer reviewed scientific evidence that supports the consensus on climate change. (D. Van Zandt 1/9/2017) Updated (10/11/2019)
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Council on American-Islamic Relation (CAIR)by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 15, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/14/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 14, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Issues in Science and Technologyby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 14, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/13/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 13, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WSAZ News Channelby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 13, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/12/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 12, 2022 at 10:30 am