Republished with permission by Knowhere News
In a series of Saturday morning tweets, President Donald Trump said social media platforms discriminate against and unfairly censor conservatives.
The president’s complaints surfaced after social media companies banned Alex Jones, a Trump supporter and conspiracy theorist, from their platforms. YouTube, Spotify, and Apple have removed some of Jones’ content permanently. Facebook gave him a 30-day suspension and removed some of his work on its platform, while Twitter has hit the conspiracy theorist with a timeout of one week and is considering more changes in an effort to limit the unrestrained dissemination of hate speech and misinformation.
Trump, however, appearing to disagree with the companies’ efforts, said on Twitter: “Social Media is totally discriminating against Republican/Conservative voices. Speaking loudly and clearly for the Trump Administration, we won’t let that happen. They are closing down the opinions of many people on the RIGHT, while at the same time doing nothing to others…….” Trump went on to say: “Too many voices are being destroyed, some good & some bad, and that cannot be allowed to happen.”
Even though the president believes MSNBC and CNN to be “Fake News” outlets, he said that he did not wish to censor them. “If you are weeding out Fake News, there is nothing so Fake as CNN & MSNBC, & yet I do not ask that their sick behavior be removed,” he tweeted. “I get used to it and watch with a grain of salt, or don’t watch at all.”
Trump currently has around 53.8 million followers on Twitter.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am