These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate WZZM – Grand Rapids News Least Biased based on neutral wording and minimal editorial content. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1962, WZZM – Grand Rapids News is an ABC affiliate based in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Wzzm13.com is the website for WZZM that covers news, sports, and weather.
On June 29, 2015, the Gannett Company split in two, specializing in print media and the other specializing in broadcast and digital media. The broadcasting company retained WZZM, which took the name TEGNA.
Funded by / Ownership
WZZM – Grand Rapids News is owned and operated by TEGNA Inc., which operates 66 television stations in 54 markets. They state TEGNA’s purpose is to serve the greater good of our communities. Advertising and sponsored content generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, WZZM – Grand Rapids News reports local news primarily through TV news videos and accompanying text. Local information is presented with minimally loaded wording: GRPD Chief says department is prepared for more summer violence. National and International news is provided by the Associated Press and other TEGNA TV stations.
Editorially, WZZM – Grand Rapids News does not produce op-eds and reports on politics with minimal bias. Finally, the website features fact checks from TEGNA’s fact check service VERIFY Fact check. In general, the news is reported factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate WZZM – Grand Rapids News Least Biased based on neutral wording and minimal editorial content. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 05/06/2022)
Last Updated on May 6, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/18/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Madison Cawthorn concedes to Chuck Edwards in North Carolinaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am
- Far-right election denier Mastriano wins GOP race for governor in Pennsylvaniaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am