These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate WTSP – Tampa Bay News Least Biased based on neutral wording and minimal editorial content. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1965, WTSP – Tampa Bay News is a CBS affiliate based in St. Petersburg, Florida. Wtsp.com is the website for WTSP that covers news, sports, and weather.
On June 29, 2015, the Gannett Company split in two, specializing in print media and the other specializing in broadcast and digital media. The broadcasting company retained WTIC, which took the name TEGNA.
Funded by / Ownership
WTSP – Tampa Bay News is owned and operated by TEGNA Inc., which operates 66 television stations in 54 markets. They state TEGNA’s purpose is to serve the greater good of our communities. Advertising and sponsored content generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, WTSP – Tampa Bay News reports local news primarily through TV news videos and accompanying text. Local information is presented with minimally loaded wording: City council to vote on Tampa police chief appointment today. National and International news is provided by the Associated Press and other TEGNA TV stations.
Editorially, WTSP – Tampa Bay News does not produce op-eds and reports on politics with minimal bias. In general, they are low-biased and factual.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate WTSP – Tampa Bay News Least Biased based on neutral wording and minimal editorial content. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 03/17/2022)
Last Updated on March 17, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/18/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Madison Cawthorn concedes to Chuck Edwards in North Carolinaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am
- Far-right election denier Mastriano wins GOP race for governor in Pennsylvaniaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am