These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate WSAV – Savannah News Least Biased based on neutral straight news reporting without offering opinion pieces. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1956, WSAV – Savannah News is an NBC-affiliated television station licensed to Savannah, Georgia. The associated website is wsav.com which provides news, sports, weather, politics, and crime reporting.
Funded by / Ownership
WSAV – Savannah News is owned by Nexstar Media Group, which owns around 200 TV stations nationwide. The founder, chairman, president, and CEO of Nexstar is Perry A. Sook. According to Open Secrets, Nexstar Media group gave more money to Republicans in the 2018 election cycle (45% to Democrats, 55% to Republicans). However, in 2020 they gave more to Democrats (55% Democrats, 45% to Republicans). Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The WSAV – Savannah News website publishes news for the greater Savannah, Georgia area. Local news features original reporting with minimal bias such as this: Off-duty Savannah officers shoot man who pulled gun on bouncer, GBI says. Many stories also contain videos from the TV Station. National and international news is covered through Nexstar Media Wire, the Associated Press, and other large credible media outlets.
Editorially, they do not produce op-eds; however, they report political news with minimal bias, such as this Trump returns to Georgia confronting test of his grip on GOP. Political reporting is reasonably balanced, covering both sides and avoidings using emotional language. In general, they report news factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the last 5 years.
Overall, we rate WSAV – Savannah News Least Biased based on neutral straight news reporting without offering opinion pieces. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 03/28/2022)
Last Updated on March 28, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/18/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Madison Cawthorn concedes to Chuck Edwards in North Carolinaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am
- Far-right election denier Mastriano wins GOP race for governor in Pennsylvaniaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am