These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Savannah Morning News Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the right and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1850, the Savannah Morning News is a daily broadsheet newspaper in Savannah, Georgia. It is published by Gatehouse Media. The motto of the paper is “Light of the Coastal Empire and Lowcountry”. The paper serves Savannah, its metropolitan area, and parts of South Carolina. The current editor is Susan Catron.
Funded by / Ownership
The newspaper is owned by GateHouse Media, which owns many small to mid-circulation newspapers throughout the USA. The Savannah Morning News is funded through subscriptions and advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, local news is covered via journalists and national/international news by the Associated Press. There is minimal use of loaded language such as this: Changes may be ahead for criticized Georgia election system. Story information is always properly sourced to either hyperlinks or quotes from prominent figures. Editorially, the Savannah Morning News was one of very few papers to endorse President Trump. Further, many of the editorials and published opinion pieces moderately lean right.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Savannah Morning News Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the right and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing. (9/3/2017) Updated (D. Van Zandt 1/4/2019)
Last Updated on August 11, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am