These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate WikiNews Least Biased and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2004, Wikinews is a free-content news wiki and a project of the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikinews is news written by people who have Wiki accounts.
Funded by / Ownership
The Wikimedia Foundation owns and publishes Wikinews. Donations generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The news reported on Wikinews is typically fact-based and always properly sourced. Like all Wikis, other people can edit, correct, and refine stories. This ensures that most news stories reported have low bias and are evidence-based. In reviewing the articles, all were free of loaded words and demonstrated minimal political bias, such as this Younger brother of North Korean founding leader dies aged 101.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate WikiNews Least Biased and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/12/2018) Updated (01/07/2022)
Last Updated on January 7, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am