Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1962 and an ABC/Fox-affiliated television station, WBKO – Bowling Green serves Bowling Green, Kentucky, and the surrounding area. Wbko.com is the associated website for the TV news station that provides local and national news and sports, weather, traffic, and entertainment.
Funded by / Ownership
WBKO – Bowling Green is owned by Gray Television, which operates 145 stations across the USA. Sponsored content and advertising generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, WBKO – Bowling Green provides news coverage for Bowling Green, Kentucky, and the surrounding areas. Local news is covered through reporters with minimal bias and often has video provided by the TV station: Glasgow man accused of cutting victim with box cutter. The national news is provided through other Gray Television affiliates as well as the Associated Press. International news generally comes from CNN and the Associated Press.
Editorially, WBKO – Bowling Green does not offer an opinion page. In general, they report news factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate WBKO – Bowling Green Least Biased based on minimally loaded language and minimal editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 11/29/2021) Updated (12/01/2021)
Last Updated on January 9, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am