A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate TooFab Questionable based on a lack of transparency, poor sourcing, and frequent sensational headlines that mislead the reader.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: HIGH Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2010, TooFab is a website that reports on pop culture covering movies, fashion, TV shows, and celebrity news. The website lacks transparency as they do not offer an about page or disclose ownership. However, at the bottom of the page, they state they are in a partnership with TMZ.
Funded by / Ownership
TooFab does not openly disclose ownership; however, it indicates they are copyrighted to EHM Productions, Inc., which Warner Brothers Entertainment owns at the bottom of the pages. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, TooFab primarily reports on entertainment news. Articles and headlines typically utilize sensationalized headlines such as this: 21-Year-old Instagrammer Boasts About Not Social Distancing, Catches Coronavirus. This story is only sourced to Instagram. Another example of sensational content is this Viral Toilet Licker Threatens to Cough on Dr. Phil, Accuses Him of Being Illuminati. This story, however, is adequately sourced to the CDC.
Editorially, TooFab does not directly address politics; however, they report on politics when it involves celebrities or entertainment such as this: Elisabeth Hasselbeck Butts Heads with Joy Behar, Sunny Hostin Over Trump’s Coronavirus Response. When reporting on President Trump, they often use a negative tone: Man Dies After Taking Fish Tank Cleaner He Thought Was Coronavirus Treatment Touted by Trump. In general, TooFab does not take sides but rather publishes whatever will garner clicks, though they do target former President Trump frequently.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate TooFab Questionable based on a lack of transparency, poor sourcing, and frequent sensational headlines that mislead the reader. (D. Van Zandt 3/28/2020) Updated (12/16/2021)
Last Updated on December 16, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am