A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate ThePoliticalBrief.com Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, poor sourcing, promotion of propaganda and conspiracy, as well as a complete lack of transparency and the publication of fake news.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Poor sourcing, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Lack of Transparency, Fake News
Founded in January 2020, ThePoliticalBrief.com is a conservative news and opinion website that completely lacks transparency on every level. First, there is not an about page, authors are not named and ownership is not disclosed, further the website does not offer a contact form. If you want to read further, I won’t spoil why they are Questionable.
Funded by / Ownership
ThePoliticalBrief.com does not disclose ownership and revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, ThePoliticalBrief does not really produce original news content but rather re-posts from other poor questionable sources. For example, this story that contains far right loaded language, is actually from a Questionable source called the Patriot Journal: Rand Paul Gives Wimpy Republicans His Ultimatum – Stand Up For Trump Or You Are Going To Lose In 2020. In fact, it seems most or all of the stories are coming the Patriot Journal. It is almost like this is a new sister/brother site for the Patriot Journal. Luckily, not all content comes from the Patriot Journal, some comes completely un-sourced from ThePolitcalBrief, such as this: New Clinton Foundation Leak Spells Doom For Bill And Hillary Clinton. As usual this conspiracy is not sourced. In general, this website is not credible on any level.
A factual search reveals that they have already failed a fact check after 12 days in existence at the time of this review.
Overall, we rate ThePoliticalBrief.com Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, poor sourcing, promotion of propaganda and conspiracy, as well as a complete lack of transparency and the publication of fake news. (D. Van Zandt 1/20/2020)
Last Updated on February 4, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm