- Overall, we rate The Patriot Nation extreme right-biased and Questionable based on a complete lack of transparency, poor sourcing, the promotion of right-wing propaganda and conspiracies, and failed fact checks.
Questionable Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Conspiracy Theories, Propaganda, Failed Fact Checks, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2013, The Patriot Nation is an anonymously published conservative blog with all stories published by “Ronie.” The website completely lacks transparency as they do not offer an about page, name the author, or disclose ownership.
Funded by / Ownership
The Patriot Nation lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The Patriot Nation publishes summarized news and opinion stores from other sources. Many sources used are far-right biased that promote conspiracy theories and false information. For example, they use 100 Percent Fed Up, Wayne Dupree, and the Gateway Pundit, all of which have dismal track records with fact-checkers. Articles and headlines always favor the right and utilize emotional wording such as this When The Gov Left The State, The Lt. Gov Did Something Absolutely AMAZING For Patriots!
Editorially, The Patriot Nation adores former president Trump and frequently promotes him and denigrates Dmeocrats Trump Just FIRED BACK At Joe Biden, And He TOTALLY Scorched HIM! Further, they frequently denigrate Black Lives Matter such as this BLM Thugs Openly Threatening To Burn Minneapolis Down If They Don’t Get Their Way! In general, The Patriot Nation is extreme right-biased and completely lacks credibility as they are not transparent and frequently use very poor sources to support their claims.
Failed Fact Checks
- The American Psychiatric Association condones pedophilia and says normal to be sexually attracted to children. – False
- Jeff Foxworthy said that you “might be a moron” if you allow refugees to enter the United States. – False
Overall, we rate The Patriot Nation extreme right-biased and Questionable based on a complete lack of transparency, poor sourcing, the promotion of right-wing propaganda and conspiracies, and failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 5/30/2021)
Last Updated on February 11, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm