These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate The New Atlantis Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Journal
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The New Atlantis, founded in 2003, is a quarterly journal about modern science and technology’s social, ethical, political, and policy dimensions. The journal is published in Washington, D.C. by the social conservative advocacy group the Ethics and Public Policy Center in partnership with the Center for the Study of Technology and Society.
Funded by / Ownership
The Ethics and Public Policy Center owns and publishes The New Atlantis. Subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The primary focus of The New Atlantis is Bioethics, concerning such issues as Stem Cell Research, Cloning, Assisted Suicide, among many others. They also report libertarian views about human enhancement and transhumanism; its contributors generally tend to question whether technologies like artificial intelligence, “friendly” artificial intelligence, and genetic enhancement are positive. Rather than this being a Pro-Science source, it is more opinion-based, although it is extremely well-sourced to mostly credible scientific information. The articles are very well written and present both sides of viewpoints; however, the general political affiliation of the publisher and the content is strongly right-center.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The New Atlantis Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 9/14/2017) Updated (9/24/2021)
Last Updated on September 24, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am