These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, this is a right-center biased source based on the fclimsupport of conservative policy and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
The Ethics and Public Policy Center (EPPC) is a conservative Washington, D.C.-based think tank and advocacy group. Founded in 1976, the group describes itself as “dedicated to applying the Judeo-Christian moral tradition to critical issues of public policy”, and advocacy of founding principles such as the rule of law. The Center organizes much of their political activity into seven main programs, which they title: “American Religious Freedom”, “Bioethics and American Democracy”, “Catholic Studies”, “The Constitution, the Courts, and the Culture”, “Economics and Ethics”, “Evangelicals in Civic Life”, and “Science, Technology, and Society”.
Funded by / Ownership
The EPPC is a qualified 501(c)(3) organization that is funded through donations.
Analysis / Bias
In reviewing the contents of their website they often republish news articles from other sources such as National Review, which is right Biased and Mixed for factual reporting. There is low usage of loaded words and information is sourced. All information on the website is right-leaning through the issues they support. When it comes to science the EPPC supports the consensus of science on climate change but does not necessarily support the solutions.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, this is a right-center biased source based on the support of conservative policy and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 9/14/2017) Updated (2/26/2019)
Last Updated on September 30, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: End the Fedby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 25, 2022 at 10:30 am