These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate The New Arab Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than High due to a lack of transparency with ownership.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Country: United Kingdom(33/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The New Arab or Al-Araby Al-Jadeed, launched in September 2014, is a news and current affairs media outlet with online and print editions that provides coverage on middle eastern issues and politics. The New Arab is headquartered in London, and Qatar-based Fadaat Media Ltd. Abdulrahman Elshayyal owns the outlet is the newspaper’s CEO. Before joining The New Arab, he worked at the BBC for five years.
Funded by / Ownership
Fadaat Media Ltd owns the New Arab. It is unclear who controls Fadaat Media Ltd. It is unclear how they generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The New Arab uses left-center bias when reporting USA news critical of former President Trump and often sources from credible mainstream media information. Articles and headlines often use loaded emotional wording that favors the left, especially regarding support for Palestine Israeli settlers storm Palestinian home in Hebron at night, harass family.
Editorially, they also hold a left-leaning bias with support for refugees from other countries such as this EU countries have a moral duty to help Afghan refugees. While based in the UK and owned by a Qatar company, they often promote pro-Qatar propaganda such as this Qatari foreign minister says doing utmost to positively influence Taliban on women’s, minority rights. In general, The New Arab is factual but often one-sided in the promotion of pro-Qatar propaganda.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The New Arab Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than High due to a lack of transparency with ownership. (M. Huitsing 8/2/2017) Updated (8/28/2021)
Last Updated on August 28, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am