These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1909, The Monitor is a broadsheet newspaper in McAllen, Texas that covers Starr and Hidalgo counties. The current publisher and editor is Stephan Wingert.
Funded by / Analysis
The Monitor is owned by AIM Media Texas, which owns 7 papers throughout Texas. The parent company AIM Media owns 30 papers across the USA. The Monitor generates revenue through advertising and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Monitor covers local news through journalists with minimal bias such as this: Final two defendants in drug conspiracy case get 4 years. National and international stories come from the Associated Press. The website does not typically run partisan editorials and focuses more on straight news. In general, this is a straight news source.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate The Monitor Least Biased based on mostly straight news coverage with minimal editorial bias. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 5/26/2019)
Last Updated on November 1, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am