These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate The Ghion Journal far-Left Biased based on promoting anti-capitalist policy and support for Marxist Socialism. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to not always sourcing information and offering mostly opinion-based content.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
The Ghion Journal is a political news and opinion website site founded and edited by Teodrose Fikre. Teodrose Fikre is a journalist and former defense consultant. According to their about page, the “aim is to discuss history, politics, culture, faith, and love in a way that is unifying and in the process serve to counter the divisive and derisive nature of the age we live in.” The website also features a manifesto that calls for “collective justice” and a rejection of corporate-based media and capitalism.
The website fully discloses its authors and appropriately provides bios.
Funded by / Ownership
The Ghion Journal does not specifically state ownership; however, it lists Teodrose Fikre as founder and editor. Revenue is generated through donations and a Patreon account. The website does not display advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Ghion Journal produces original journalistic content through its writers. Story selection often favors the far left, such as this: To Adapt to the Escalating Climate Crisis, Mere Reform Will Not Be Enough. In this piece, the author states, “Our goal should be not to reform capitalism, but to overthrow the capitalist centers of government and replace them with ecosocialist power structures.”
Further, this story is properly sourced to credible media outlets. In reviewing the theme of the website, one prominent theme that keeps jumping out is anti-capitalism, such as this: Dear Destiny…Capitalism Can’t Be Reformed. The author of this piece is Leslie, whose bio reads “a radical leftist political commentator interested in exposing the contradictory ideological and material underpinnings of capitalism. She believes in politics that are built around the sustainable future we seek.” When it comes to sourcing information, some stories are appropriately sourced, and others not at all. However, much of the content is opinion-based.
Editorially, The Ghion Journal rails against both Democrats and Republicans as being a part of the Corporatocracy. In general, the website most closely aligns with the Marxist Socialist Left, arguing that capitalism is not sustainable.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Ghion Journal far-Left Biased based on promoting anti-capitalist policy and support for Marxist Socialism. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to not always sourcing information and offering mostly opinion-based content. (D. Van Zandt 10/17/2019) Updated (11/24/2021)
Last Updated on November 24, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am