These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: The Gazette is a daily newspaper published in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The newspaper is distributed throughout northeastern and east-central Iowa, including the Cedar Rapids and Iowa City metropolitan areas. It was formerly called The Cedar Rapids Gazette. The newspaper presents news stories with minimal bias and always sources properly. Although the newspaper endorsed Hillary Clinton in 2016, it has endorsed Republicans every election since 1964. Therefore, the editorial bias favors Republican’s and is right of center.
Latest from The Gazette
- Judge resentences Robert Hertz to less prison time for firearms conviction May 23, 2017 6:55 pm
- Target to pay Iowa for 2013 data breach May 23, 2017 6:39 pm
- Will high-risk insurance pools like Iowa’s work? May 23, 2017 5:16 pm
- Branstad era as Iowa governor ending with transition Wednesday May 23, 2017 5:51 pm
- Branstad chief aide Bousselot leaving state government May 23, 2017 5:30 pm
- Stolen gun recovered after Cedar Rapids traffic stop May 23, 2017 4:52 pm
- Robins man to run half marathon for American Heart Association May 23, 2017 4:12 pm
- Reynolds to decide this week on appointing lieutenant governor May 23, 2017 2:52 pm
- Cedar Rapids police: Woman hit by truck earlier this month has died May 23, 2017 1:10 pm
- Police investigate Iowa City restaurant robbery that left one injured May 23, 2017 12:19 pm
- Cedar Rapids Airport Commission approves $30.8 million terminal renovation contract Cedar Rapids construction company lands ‘biggest project we’ve ever done’ May 22, 2017 6:56 pm