These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate TechSpot Least Biased based on minimal editorializing of content. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1998 by Julio Franco, TechSpot is a technology website focused on computing and gaming. According to their about page, “We deliver tech news and analysis to an audience of computer power users, tech enthusiasts, IT decision-makers, and PC gamers who crave technical depth and who keep up with the latest digital trends.”
Funded by / Ownership
TechSpot, Inc owns the website with Julio Franco listed as Executive Editor. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
TechSpot publishes news and information on computers, computer-related products/accessories, and software. The website also features reviews of equipment and software, best-of lists, software downloads, videos, and a forum. Articles pertaining to computer tech do not use loaded emotional wording such as this Researchers develop ‘5D’ technique to store 500TB of data on a CD-sized glass disc. This story, like most, provides primary sourcing back to the company that produced the product. A review of numerous articles reveals proper sourcing of information.
Editorially, opinions can be found in their product reviews; however, they do not publish political-oriented op-eds. When covering political issues related to the tech genre, they remain low-biased and report the news directly Biden Administration, private tech companies reveal initiatives to boost national cybersecurity in wake of recent attacks. In general, TechSpot reports news factually and with minimal bias. This review does not cover technology bias, such as favoring certain companies, and deals only with right-left political bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate TechSpot Least Biased based on minimal editorializing of content. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 11/2/2021)
Last Updated on January 12, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am