These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate TechCrunch Left-Center Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
TechCrunch is an American online publisher of technology industry news. It primarily covers the business side of tech, reporting breaking tech news, opinions on new products, a thorough analysis of emerging trends in tech, and regular profiling of popular new tech businesses, from early-stage startups to publicly traded companies.
Funded by / Ownership
Apollo Global Management, Inc, owns TechCrunch. In September 2021, Apollo bought the Verizon Media group consisting of TechCrunch, Yahoo, and AOL for 5 billion dollars. Advertising and sponsored content generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
TechCrunch provides news, analysis, and opinion on the tech industry. Articles and headlines are fact-based and usually low-biased such as this Microsoft’s shift to the cloud is a lesson in corporate evolution. Information is properly sourced to credible media outlets.
Editorially, they report on political issues pertaining to tech; however, they lean left as they write negatively on conservatives such as former President Trump The Trump SPAC is doing stonk things, which is hilarious. In general, news reports are factual and hold a moderate left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate TechCrunch Left-Center Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 11/12/2017) Updated (11/12/2021)
Last Updated on November 12, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm