These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Roosevelt Institute strongly Left-Center biased based on advocacy and funding for Democratic causes. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1987, The Roosevelt Institute is a liberal American think tank. According to the organization, it exists “to carry forward the legacy and values of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt by developing progressive ideas and bold leadership in the service of restoring America’s promise of opportunity for all.” It is headquartered in New York, New York. The current President and CEO is Felicia Wong.
Funded by / Ownership
The Roosevelt Institute is a non-profit that is funded through donations. Some donors include the Democratic Alliance, the Ford Foundation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the MacArthur Foundation, and the Bauman Foundation. According to OpenSecrets the Roosevelt Institute donates 100% to Democratic candidates and causes.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Roosevelt Institute is a liberal think tank that advocates for progressive and democratic policy. Some of the issues they champion are climate change, income inequality, support for labor, and higher education. The website features a blog that publishes news with a left-leaning bias such as this: The Trump Economy: Not What It May Seem. This story is very well sourced to government data as well as hbr.org. Editorially, the Roosevelt Institute consistently favors the left.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Roosevelt Institute strongly Left-Center biased based on advocacy and funding for Democratic causes. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 5/18/2016) Updated (12/15/2019)
Last Updated on September 3, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm