A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate The Righter Way Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, poor sourcing, promotion of propaganda, and low-quality journalism.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Poor Sourcing, Propaganda, Conspiracy
Founded in 2017, The Righter Way is a hyper-partisan conservative website that is written by founder Mark Webster. According to the about page “Mark Webster is a professional writer with a focus on news and politics.” He also is “Young, gay, and first-generation American of Korean and European descent, he’s also the left’s least favorite kind of person — someone who refuses to give in to the Democrats’ identity politics agenda.” He further clarifies “Mark is the sole owner and contributor to Righter Way. Articles on the site are a mix of original content and aggregation from news sites that have released their content for republication.”
This website lacks transparency as they do not indicate where they are from.
Funded by / Ownership
The Righter Way claims to be owned by Mark Webster. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Righter Way is a right-wing conspiracy website that does not source its stories. For example, this story Dems’ latest stimulus bill includes a major gift to China — one we haven’t given them for a hundred years. This story originated from the Questionable American Thinker, which has failed numerous fact checks. This story is false as the bill does not mention China and simply states the Buy American Act does not have to be enacted during President proclaimed emergencies. ie. Trump or any other President can call on foreign countries for supplies. All headlines are emotionally loaded to favor the right and denigrate the left, with most resulting in conspiracy theories such as this: New bombshell intelligence shows Biden LIED about Flynn unmasking — he was behind it, others included. In general, the scope of the wording and stories makes one wonder if this is a troll site against the right. We will reserve judgment and just say the content is questionable.
Overall, we rate The Righter Way Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, poor sourcing, promotion of propaganda, and low-quality journalism. (D. Van Zandt 5/14/2020)
Last Updated on May 15, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm