Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Pseudoscience, Poor Sourcing, Failed Fact Checks, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Launched in November 2021, Real Science (goodsciencing.com) is an anonymously published pseudoscience website that often publishes misleading or false claims. According to their about page, “A few people have been asking who we are, what our credentials are, and what we’re trying to prove. We are a small team of investigators, news editors, journalists, and truth seekers, now backed up by others, who are discovering pieces of information that we can investigate. It doesn’t really matter who we are. What really matters is that we care carrying on an investigation and we’re presenting the evidence we’ve found, almost all of it documented in mainstream media publications.”
Funded by / Ownership
GoodSciencing.com completely lacks transparency as they do disclose ownership. At this time, they do not appear to have a revenue stream.
Analysis / Bias
Real Science (goodsciencing.com) publishes summaries of news stories from other sources. They also sometimes link to other sources such as True Defender, which we rate as Questionable. The website’s primary focus is on government overreach and promoting disinformation regarding Covid-19 and vaccines. For example, in this story, 46 Children Killed By Pfizer COVID Vaccine in USA, they utilize Vaers as a source. Vaers is not considered reliable because anyone can make a claim.
In another example, they again make an unproven claim by utilizing Vaers 321 Athlete Cardiac Arrests, Serious Issues, 181 Dead, After COVID Shot. According to fact-checkers, this is not true. In general, the website aims to spread disinformation regarding the severity and Covid-19 and the unproven dangers of the Covid Vaccine.
Failed Fact Checks
- Over 200 athletes suffered cardiac arrests and at least 100 of them died after getting vaccinated against COVID-19. – False
- There may be something wrong with the vaccine if the world’s greatest athletes suffer or die after taking the vaccines. – False
Overall, we rate Real Science (goodsciencing.com) right biased and Questionable based on the promotion of quackery level pseudoscience, the use of poor sources, propaganda, failed fact checks, and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 12/18/2021)
Last Updated on December 18, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am