These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Queerty Left biased based on political story selection and editorial bias. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Queerty is an online magazine and newspaper covering gay-oriented lifestyle and news, founded in 2005 by David Hauslaib. Q.Digital currently owns the website.
Funded by / Ownership
Q.Digital, a San Francisco-based company, owns Queerty and other gay-oriented websites. Scott Gatz, formerly of Reuters, holds Q.Digital. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Queerty primarily covers lifestyle and entertainment news; however, they also cover politics with a strong left-leaning bias. There is significant use of loaded language, and almost all stories favor the left. An example story is this: These hilarious memes prove Donald Trump is definitely the most “stable genius.”
In 2021/2022, they continue to favor the left with stories such as this Jewish Republican who hates gay people and takes money from Nazi enthusiasts announces Senate run. They generally report the news factually and with a left-leaning bias as they always have.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Queerty Left biased based on political story selection and editorial bias. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 1/13/2018) Updated (12/14/2021)
Last Updated on December 14, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am