These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Puck.News Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than High due to a lack of hyperlinked sourcing and a failed fact check.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Co-Founded in 2021 by Jon Kelly and others, Puck.News is a website that publishes news on Wall Street, Washington D.C., Silicon Valley, and Hollywood. Jon Kelly was an editor at Vanity Fair Magazine. According to the about page, they are a “new media company focused on the intersection of Wall Street, Washington, Silicon Valley, and Hollywood: that rarified and overlapping world filled with moguls and strivers, powerbrokers and disruptors, behind-the-scenes players and ubiquitous C.E.O.s, alike.”
Funded by / Ownership
Heat Media owns and publishes Puck.News. Subscription fees generate revenue. Writers are offered equity and a percentage of the subscription revenue they would generate.
Analysis / Bias
Puck.News produces long and short-form journalism covering economics, technology, entertainment, and politics. Articles and headlines contain emotionally loaded language, such as this CNN+’s Chronicle of a Death Foretold. While this story references other sources, it fails to provide hyperlinks to the information. The site relies on credible sources such as the New York Times and CBS News.
Editorially, more stories favor the left, such as how the Trump-McCarthy Romance Ends and The Trump-Oz-“Dave” Love Triangle Takes a Dark Turn. A quote from another article frames a conservative candidate in a negative light “In recent months, he resigned from Bridgewater, moved back to the Pittsburgh burbs, slapped on a barn jacket, began tweeting Bible verses, and (presumably juiced by his wife’s old White House contacts) engaged a slew of former Trump staffers—Hope Hicks, Stephen Miller and Cliff Sims among them—to whip up some deplorable enthusiasm around his candidacy.” In general, news reporting is mostly factual and holds a left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate Puck.News Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than High due to a lack of hyperlinked sourcing and a failed fact check. (D. Van Zandt 04/23/2022)
Last Updated on April 23, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am