These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Vanity Fair Left Biased based on editorial positions that always favor the left and Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to a failed fact check.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1983, Vanity Fair is a magazine of popular culture, fashion, and current affairs published by Condé Nast in the United States. They currently publish five international editions of the magazine, and the editor is Radhika Jones.
Funded by / Ownership
Vanity Fair is owned by Condé Nast Inc., which attracts more than 164 million consumers across its 19 brands and media. Revenue is generated through subscription sales and advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Vanity Fair primarily covers culture, fashion, and current affairs. They occasionally report on politics using very strong emotionally loaded words such as this: TRUMP LOSES HIS MIND IN 60-TWEET TIRADE AFTER FIREFIGHTERS ENDORSE BIDEN. This story is properly sourced to well-known media outlets such as the New York Times. Editorially, story selection almost always favors the left, and they routinely report negatively on the right.
Failed Fact Checks
- As part of a federal lawsuit, U.S. President Donald Trump admitted criminal wrongdoing and said or argued to the effect that “My crimes can’t be investigated while I’m president.” – FALSE
Overall, we rate Vanity Fair Left Biased based on editorial positions that always favor the left and Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to a failed fact check. (10/18/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 9/25/2019)
Last Updated on April 14, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am