These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Project Censored Left Biased based on editorial positions that favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting based on strong sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Project Censored is a media research, education, and advocacy initiative started at Sonoma State University in 1976. It is currently housed at Diablo Valley College in Pleasant Hill, California. Project Censored was founded by Carl Jensen to expose censorship in propaganda and mass media.
Funded by / Ownership
Media Freedom Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization sponsors Project Censored. Donations support the website.
Analysis / Bias
Project Censored annually publishes a book, has weekly radio programs, and publishes news focusing on news censorship, propaganda, free speech, and politics.
In review, Project Censored uses loaded emotional wording in headlines and articles such as this Journalists Investigating Financial Crimes Threatened by Global Elites. This story, like all reviewed, relies on credible sources for information.
Editorially, they promote a left-leaning perspective by promoting worker’s rights Google’s Union-Busting Methods Revealed, and concern for privacy rights Zoom Classrooms Raise Concerns about Law Enforcement Surveillance and 4th Amendment Rights. Further, they frequently reported negatively on former President Trump Trump’s Connection to Global Spending by Anti-LGBTQ Religious Organizations. However, they also report negatively on Joe Biden’s centrist platform Biden Backs Legislation Preventing $150 Billion of Student Loan Debt from being Discharged or Renegotiated. In general, the news is reported factually and with a left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Project Censored Left Biased based on editorial positions that favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting based on strong sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 8/21/2017) Updated (8/21/2021)
Last Updated on August 21, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am