A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Pravda Report Right Biased and Highly Questionable based on poor sourcing, frequent promotion state propaganda, and conspiracy theories as well the significant publication of fake news.
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
World Press Freedom Rank: Russia 149/182
Founded in 1999, Pravda Report is an English language news website based in Russia. Pravda reports news that is favorable to the Kremlin and negative toward the west.
Funded by / Ownership
Pravda is owned by Pravda.ru Holding headed by Vadim Gorshenin. Mr. Gorshenin is a supporter of Russian President Vladimir Putin. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Pravda Report covers Russian news, politics, and opinion from a pro-government perspective. They frequently promote propaganda in support of President Putin, while constantly denigrating the west and President Trump: The Trump regime is insane. This opinion piece is not sourced at all.
Besides promoting nationalist propaganda, Pravda Report frequently promotes conspiracy theories and makes false claims such as promoting that the chemical attack in Syria was a false flag operation or that Aliens are visiting earth and having sex with people. In general, almost all content on this website is either misleading or false.
Failed Fact Checks (This website has made 100’s of false claims, below is a very small sample)
- Hundreds of thousands of residents in North Korea’s capital Pyongyang were evacuated due to “nuke” fears. – False
- A touching transcript reproduces a Russian soldier’s last words before he ordered an airstrike on himself to kill ISIS members in Syria – Unproven
- Scientists have discovered a vast reef of floating condoms in the Pacific Ocean. – False
- Sandy Hook and the Boston Marathon Bombing was False Flag operation by the US Government – False