These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Rochester Post-Bulletin Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1872, the Rochester Post-Bulletin is a daily newspaper based in Rochester, Minnesota. It is the largest afternoon newspaper in the state. The current publisher is Ken Nelson,
Funded by / Ownership
The Rochester Post-Bulletin is owned by Forum Communications Company, which is based in North Dakota and has additional locations across South Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Revenue is derived through advertising and subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Post-Bulletin covers local through reporters with minimal bias such as this Female found shot dead in vehicle in St. Paul. National and international news is republished through the Washington Post and other Forum Communications newspapers.
Editorially, the Forum Communications editorial board has always endorsed Republican candidates, however, in 2016 they chose not to endorse either candidate: “Presidential Endorsement: This time for president, none of the above”. However, the Post-Bulletin endorsed Democratic candidate Barack Obama in 2012, which was before Forum Communications bought the paper in 2019. All forum papers we have reviewed tend to hold a right-leaning editorial bias. In general, they report news factually with a right-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Rochester Post-Bulletin Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 5/10/2017) Updated (6/3/2020)
Last Updated on June 3, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds