These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate The Palm Beach Daily News Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that favor liberal policy. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1897, The Palm Beach Daily News is a daily newspaper in Florida, serving the town of Palm Beach in Palm Beach County in South Florida. The current editor is Elizabeth Clarke.
Funded by / Ownership
In 2018, The Palm Beach Daily News was bought by Gatehouse Media for 49.25 million dollars. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. The newspaper is funded through advertising and paid subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Palm Beach Daily News reports news concerning the Palm Beach County area. Local news is covered through journalists with minimal bias in wording and story selection such as this: Solution proposed for Palm Beach’s Clarke Avenue erosion. The paper rarely covers national news and when they do they use USA Today or Gatehouse Media articles. The website also has a section dedicated to news about President Donald Trump. The reporting on President Trump tends to lean negative such as this: Trump-linked property-tax bills in Palm Beach County scrape $1.5M, but why isn’t Mar-a-Lago’s value higher?
Editorially, The Palm Beach Daily News, in recent history has endorsed primarily Democratic candidates. Further, a review of op-eds indicates a reasonable balance, however more favor the left. In general, they report news factually with a left-leaning editorial bias.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate The Palm Beach Daily News Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that favor liberal policy. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 11/22/2019)
Last Updated on July 5, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am