These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate The Palm Beach Post Left-Center biased based on strong left-leaning editorial positions and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1916, The Palm Beach Post is an American daily broadsheet newspaper serving Palm Beach County in South Florida and parts of the Treasure Coast. The current editor is Tim Burke.
Funded by / Ownership
The Palm Beach Post is owned by Gatehouse Media, which owns numerous mid-sized and small local newspapers. The newspaper is funded through a subscription and advertising model.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Palm Beach Post reports local news through the use of journalists with minimally loaded words and proper sourcing such as this: Police ID man shot, killed in West Palm dispute over unleashed dog. National and world news is covered by the Associated Press. Editorially, The Palm Beach Post mostly endorses Democratic candidates, while their opinion pieces also favor the left such as this: Editorial: Sea-level rise is not just a worry for those who live on South Florida’s waterfront and this Editorial: Don’t dishonor Parkland shooting victims by reversing gun safety laws. In general, The Palm Beach Post reports straight news with minimal bias and proper sourcing, however editorially there is a distinct left-leaning bias.
A factual search reveals that The Palm Beach Post has not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate The Palm Beach Post Left-Center biased based on strong left-leaning editorial positions and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/5/2019)
Last Updated on November 5, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm