These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Ocala StarBanner Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Ocala StarBanner serves Ocala, Florida, and the surrounding area. The paper covers local, national, and international news, sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and opinion. ocala.com serves as the online domain for the newspaper.
Funded by / Ownership
Gannett, the publisher of USA Today, owns the Ocala StarBanner. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. Advertising and paid subscriptions generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Ocala StarBanner covers news, sports, lifestyle, and entertainment for the greater Ocala, Florida area. They report local news with minimal loaded emotional language 3 people shot and injured Sunday night in NW Marion County; sheriff’s office investigating. National and international news comes from other Gannett publications and the Associated Press.
Editorially, the Ocala StarBanner does not make Presidential endorsements; however, a review of op-eds shows that both sides are represented such as this that favors the left: Bills before the state Legislature simply add to teachers’ stress. After reviewing dozens of op-eds, we found slightly more favor a liberal perspective. Finally, the news is generally reported factually and with a slight left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Ocala StarBanner Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 02/07/2022)
Last Updated on February 7, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. Senate Gives Final Congressional Approval To $40 Billion Aid Package For Ukraineby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm
- Finland and Sweden Apply for NATO Membershipby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:59 pm
- New Twitter policy aims to pierce fog of war misinformationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:43 pm
- Biden To Meet Swedish, Finnish Leaders On NATO Membershipby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 2:24 pm
- Texas asks Supreme Court to keep state social media censorship law in effectby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 12:17 pm