These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Novara Media Far-Left Biased based on editorial positions that favor anti-capitalism and the promotion of Luxury Communism. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources and one-sided hyper-partisan perspectives.
Bias Rating: FAR LEFT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: United Kingdom
World Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2011, Novara Media is a United Kingdom-based news and political commentary website. According to their about page, “Novara Media is an independent media organization addressing the issues that are set to define the 21st century, from a crisis of capitalism to racism and climate change.”
Funded by / Ownership
Thousand Hands Ltd, a not-for-profit company, owns and publishes Novara Media. Donations, sales of merchandise, and tickets for events generate revenue. Novara Media disclaims that they have received funding from the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, a transnational alternative policy lobby group and educational institution centered in Germany and affiliated with the democratic socialist Left Party.
Analysis / Bias
Novara Media publishes political news and commentary from a far-left-wing perspective. They also produce Youtube videos and podcasts. Novara Media promotes Luxury Communism, which comes from a manifesto book by Aaron Bastani. It argues that technology can be used to create a post-scarcity economy of widespread prosperity.
Articles and headlines under the news analysis category utilize emotional wording that favors the left, such as this Why Do We Still Fetishise Homeownership? This story is sourced from The Guardian and academic websites. In another report, A Prestigious London University Has Suspended Four Latinx Cleaners for Protesting Racist Pay, Falsely Accusing Them of Violence, they offer social media and video sourcing.
Editorially, Novara Media labels opinion content appropriately. Editorial positions strongly favor far-left perspectives such as promoting anti-capitalism, concern for climate change, and racial-social equality. While they frequently report negatively on conservatives, Covid Has Exposed Conservatives As Complete Idiots; they also believe the Labour Party does not do enough Why is Labour Broke? In general, news reporting is fact-based and one-sided, while opinion content is hyper-partisan in support of the Far-Left.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Novara Media Far-Left Biased based on editorial positions that favor anti-capitalism and the promotion of Luxury Communism. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources and one-sided hyper-partisan perspectives. (D. Van Zandt 05/08/2022)
Last Updated on May 8, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am