These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Newser Left-Center biased based on story selection and editorial positions that moderately favor a liberal perspective. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Launched in 2007, Newser is a news aggregation website that summarizes the news that it aggregates through human editors. According to their about page: “Newser is a news curator with a kick. Our editors hand-pick the best stories from hundreds of US and international sources and summarize them into sharply written, easy-to-digest news briefs.” The website’s founder is author Michael Wolff, who wrote Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House.
Funded by / Ownership
Newser LLC, owned by Michael Wolff, publishes Newser. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Newser aggregates and curates news stories from other sources and summarizes them into short, easy-to-read articles. Headlines reflect the article’s content and use minimally loaded language such as this Biden Sending Thousands More Troops to Europe. Source selection derives from credible news wires such as the Associated Press, Reuters, and AFP, as well as major sources, the New York Times and Wall Street Journal.
Editorially and politically, more stories favor the left and denigrate the right such as this After Graham Balks at Pardons for Rioters, a Trump Slam, and This Is the Way to Interview Trump. In general, more stories favor the left and come from credible sources.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Newser Left-Center biased based on story selection and editorial positions that moderately favor a liberal perspective. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 5/2/2018) Updated (02/02/2022)
Last Updated on February 2, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm