Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information, therefore fact checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate New American News to be a quackery-level pseudoscience website based on the promotion of anti-vaccination propaganda.
Bias Rating: RIGHT PSEUDOSCIENCE
Factual Reporting: LOW
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2016, New American News is a news and opinion website that promotes conspiracy theories and pseudoscience. The site does not have an about page, name ownership or disclose author bios. Though it appears Paul Webber publishes most articles.
Funded by / Ownership
New American News lacks transparency as it does not disclose ownership. However, a search of the domain reveals it is owned by a real estate company based in Wyoming called Savvy Investments, LLC. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, all articles are published by Paul Webber and primarily deal with opposition to Big Pharma and anti-vaccination propaganda. For example, this article implies that vaccines cause autism, which is not true Mom’s Letter ‘I’d Rather My Child Have Measles Than Autism’. When not promoting medical misinformation they cover topics such as Chemtrails and quackery stories such as this Vaccines To Be Released Using Aerosol Spray From Planes. Editorially, New American News tends to favor the right. Though less political than Natural News, the health content is similar. In general, this site completely lacks credibility.
Failed Fact Checks
- They have never been fact-checked. See above for examples of false and misleading claims.
Overall, we rate New American News to be a quackery-level pseudoscience website based on the promotion of anti-vaccination propaganda. (D. Van Zandt 3/9/2017) Updated (3/28/2021)
Last Updated on March 28, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am